Planning permission is being sought to erect a flatted residential development (195 units) and associated landscaping at 11 Minerva Way, currently occupied by the Nuffield Gym.
Comments must be received by the City Council’s Planning Department, by Thursday 19th March 2020
Further details and drawings can be obtained from the online planning portal by following the link beneath and inserting ref 20/00246/FUL
Details on how you can make comment can be found by clicking here>>
In addition to providing your own responses, please let us know your thoughts so we can reflect these in our response. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to object to this development some points to consider are found below:
- This development removes a well used recreational facility and there is no reference regarding how this proposal brings more benefit to the community.
- This flatted development is significant in size with 195 flats and is formed of 72% two bed flats, 19% one bed flats, 9% three bed flats.
- The ratio of flat size and their relationship to outdoor space is not proportionate to support a diverse and sustainable community and the proposal does not appear to offer a design with genuinely inclusive residency in mind.
- The low number and location in the development of larger flats and relationship to outdoor space is not conducive to family occupancy and I don’t see reference to barrier free accommodation.
- While the range of species for planting is quite impressive, the amenity space appears to be little more than that absolutely required and appears to present aesthetics (on paper) over practicality and function.
- There are fewer parking spaces than flats and, extremely few visitor parking bays (only 7 disabled bays).
- Concerns regarding sufficient electric charging points for cars
- Concerns regarding sufficient bike storage.
You can view the history of the sitehere>>