16th March 2020
Volunteering to help the vulnerable and elderly in our Community (Yorkhill, Kelvingrove & Finnieston)
It is anticipated that the COVID19 virus will spread over coming weeks. People who are most risk of developing severe illness are already being asked to engage in “social distancing”. Self isolation for vulnerable groups may however be inevitable and this brings other risks physically and mentally. Having essential medication, provisions as well as social contact are necessary to maintain health and well being.
A group of volunteers have already convened to support vulnerable and elderly members of our community with these essential requirements. The group is affiliated with YoKeCoCo and are looking for more volunteers to offer time and / or resource to make sure no-one in our community is neglected as a result of self isolation.
If you are already aware of / provide support to vulnerable or elderly neighbours, this is a time when more / wider support may be required.
If you wish to volunteer, please contact: 07413536011 or email@example.com
If you have been advised to self-isolate and require assistance, please contact: 07413536011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, EVERYONE is advised to follow this advice:
- Avoid direct hand contact with your eyes, nose and mouth,
- Maintain good hand hygiene – wash hands with soap and water after coughing, sneezing, going to the toilet and before to eating or drinking.
- Use alcohol hand sanitiser when it is not possible to wash your hands.
- Avoid direct contact with people with a respiratory illness and do not use personal items belonging to them such as a mobile phone
- Covering your nose and mouth with disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing and throw used tissue way in a waste bin after use.
- If you have symptoms including fever, dry cough and/or breathing problems not previously experienced, you should self isolate for 7days from when your symptoms started. Seek medical advice via phone or email.