Reporting litter or issues with a public litter bin


Public litter bins are emptied regularly however, if you find an issue you can report this directly to the council.

You can report issues with the following types of bins in a public place:

  • General Waste
  • Glass (bottles and jars)
  • Mixed recycling (cans, paper, cardboard, plastics or tins)

The following issues can be reported:

  • A damaged bin
  • A bin that has not been emptied or is over flowing
  • The siting of a bin (general waste only)
  • A bin that has been vandalised

Litter is unsightly and damages our environment. As above, this too can be reported to Glasgow City Council via the My Glasgow App or via Environmental Task Force Facebook or via Twitter @theenvtaskforce or directly to us at




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s